05 Oct CG Sriguha
CG Sriguha is a highly experienced motion picture editor and editing teacher. Several feature films, documentaries and shorts edited by him have found their way into renowned film festivals around the world.
He was one of the earliest Indian editors to embrace computer-based editing and was instrumental in setting up non-linear studios and training programs across the country.As an academician, Sriguha has taught editing and film making at FTII, Pune; Rai University, Hyderabad; Manipal Group; L V Prasad Film Academy; Ramoji Academy of Film & Television, Hyderabad; SAE Colleges, Chennai and International School of Film & Media, Hyderabad.
He is presently engaged as a consultant and a researcher in the field of Filmmaking.
He has an MA in Communication from Hyderabad University and a specialized PG Diploma in Film Editing from FTII, Pune.
Some of Sriguha’s critically acclaimed works include:
- Gangaputrulu (2010): winner of three Nandi Awards.
- Sontha Vooru (2009): won five Bharathamuni awards and four Nandi awards. Screened at Mumbai Film Festival, Kerala International Film Festival, Chennai International Festival, Bangalore Festival, Pune International Festival, and the Habitat Film Festival in New Delhi.
- Hero (2005): won the Nandi award – best feature film for children.
- The Holy Bastard (2003): screened at Cannes Video festival in 2003.
- Yellamma (2001): selected for the National Film Festival 2001-2002.
- Surabhi (The stage) (1999): won best documentary at both the National Film Festival and at the Nandi awards. This film represented India at major international film festivals including Toronto, Los Angeles, Rotterdam, and Paris.
- A Brief Journey (1996): screened at Bombay International Film Festival, International Cinema Students’ Festival (Tel-Aviv), 19th Recontres Internationales Henri Langlois, France, and International Film Festival of India.
- Maya, which won the 1st Runner-up People’s Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival of 2001.