28 Jul ‘Alone Together’: International Online Short & Docu film fest competition dates extend
Orange Film Academy and International Film Festival Thrissur (IFFT) have extended the dates of International Online Short & Docu film festival competition to September 10,11 and 12. The theme of the festival is- ‘Alone, together’.
“The dates have extended due to the request from filmmakers in the backdrop of Covid19 Pandemic,” said Cherian Joseph, the CEO, Orange Film Academy & Research Centre. The deadline to submit the entry to the festival competition has also extended to 7 September.
“We have selected this theme of “Alone, Together” as an emotion, feeling that could capture the virus infected times that we pass through. With the lockdown, the States were resolute in keeping people safe at their homes. But the homeless were the abandoned lot. Contact and Positive became words with negative and bad consequences,” said Festival Director Damodar Prasad. “However, this deeper crisis also made us deeply aware of the importance of coming, joining and keeping together. ‘Alone, Together’ is about this struggle to reinstate and rekindle our passions for worldliness,” he added.
Dates: 10,11, 12 September, 2020
Entries Open on: 25 July, 2020
Deadline: 07 September, 2020
Prize Money: The Best film- Rs.50, 000 and certificate
Second best film: Rs.25, 000 and certificate
Certificates also given to the best director, the best cinematographer, the best sound design and the best editing.
Jury: The competition will be adjudged by a specially chosen national Jury.
Least we are happy to celebrate a film festival at this time of pandemic when millions are suffering and survival becomes the critical issue. Hence, this announcement of an online film festival is not any gala or to regale about anything new. We thought like many others that it is important that we find common expression and common forums and unhindered communication to keep our hopes for life and liveliness, whatever it means to be. So we plan for an occasion where we can share our emotional and thoughtful expressions of the times that we pass through and of course our reflections about it. The occasion that we have organized is an event of an online film festival. We have chosen the theme- Alone, Together– for the competition section of the online short film festival.
The online short film festival is organized by Orange Film Academy and International Film Festival of Thrissur (IFFT). IFFT has conducted its 15th edition last January, 2020 and it is the second largest film festival in Kerala to be conducted annually uninterruptedly.
We have selected this theme of “Alone, Together” as an emotion, feeling that could capture the virus infected times that we pass through. With the lockdown, the States were resolute in keeping people safe at their homes. But the homeless were the abandoned lot. The measures adopted by the State were minimal and it could alleviate the greater sufferings of the people who were migrant, homeless and completely wrecked with no employment, food, shelter and money. While the nation was witnessing this huge suffering, covid-19 was taking its toll among people returning to their homes and people who came in contact. Contact and Positive became words with negative and bad consequences. However, this deeper crisis also made us deeply aware of the importance of coming, joining and keeping together. ‘Alone, Together’ is about this struggle to reinstate and rekindle our passions for worldliness.
The online short film festival is scheduled to be held on September 10,11 and 12, 2020.
Mobile : 9497308791
IFFT-Orange Film Academy Online Short & Docu film festival is a joint venture of International Film Festival Thrissur (IFFT) and Orange Film Academy & Research Centre. This festival is considered as one of the pioneering attempt of conducting a short & docu film festival on online platform. The festival entries will be shown on the online video platform of Orange Film Academy website (www.orangefilmacademy.com).
Four-day-long competition section of the online short film festival will be conducted on September 10,11 and 12 based on the theme- ‘ALONE, TOGETHER’. Best Film will be awarded with a Certificate + Cash prize of Rs.50, 000. The last date to submit the entry for the festival will be 7 September.
The Festival is expected to bring the best works in both the short and documentary sections. The directors all over the world can be participated with a condition that if the film is not in English, the copy with English subtitle should be submitted.
The selection committee of film experts will be responsible for selection of films for the Competition. The competition will be adjudged by a specially chosen national Jury.
Festival Director: Damodar Prasad: Mobile : 9497308791
Artistic Director: Mariam Paul
Executive Director: Gireeshkumar P.B. Mob: 8921958160
Cherian Joseph (CEO, Orange film Academy): Mob: 9496168654
- Short and Documentary films made in any country of the world during the period of 1st January 2020 and 31st July 2020 would only be eligible.
- Entries should be with maximum 30 min duration.
- Films which are not in English must be subtitled in English in order to be considered.
Awards and Certificates:
Best Film will be awarded with a Certificate + Cash prize of Rs.50,000
Second best film will be awarded with a certificate+ Cash prize of Rs.25,000
- An applicant has to fill the required fields and upload the bio-data, photographs etc. and also provide the details of entry fee paid electronically.
- Synopsis (precise and not exceeding two hundred words) of the film, Director and Producers profile must be provided.
- Director’s note in English and details of cast and crew must be provided.
- The following should also be sent separately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Film Stills(200 – 300 dpi)
- Director’s stills or logo (200 – 300 dpi)
- A declaration along with the entry form shall be furnished by the applicant, declaring that the information furnished is true and he is responsible for the data/material furnished.
Dates and Deadlines:
- Entries Open on: 25 July 2020
- Deadline: 07 September 2020
- If a film is selected, the festival office will contact the entrants by phone or email.
- Selected applicants will be notified by 9 September 2020
- IFFT-Orange Film Academy Online Short & Docu film festival will be held on 10,11,12 September, 2020.
Entry Fee : Rs.1000
The entry fee must be sent electronically to the following bank account:
Bank Account holder: Orange Foundation
Account No: 10140200017665
Bank: Federal Bank
Branch: Thrissur Main
IFSC Code: FDRL0001014
Rights of Festival Authorities:
- Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters shall be final and binding on all parties.
- The Festival Authorities will have the right to decide the screening program of the films.
- Once selected, the film cannot be withdrawn from the Film Festival Program
- The Festival reserves the right to use data provided about the film, cast and crew, and materials such as posters and stills for promotion purposes.
- After the festival, the work will be kept in the archives of Orange Film Academy& Research Centre.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders. The Orange Film Academy & Research Centre will not be held responsible for the unauthorised inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film. Orange Film Academy & Research Centre reserves the right to disqualify any film of any unauthorised inclusion of copyrighted materials.
Orange Film Academy & Research Centre
G4, Alukkas Castle, Ayyanthole
Thrissur, Kerala, India Pin code: 680003
Tel: 9496168654, 8921958160